Come along on A NEW POEM IT OUT ecourse with all new lessons, prompts, and videos. I'm calling it (More) Poem It Out and I hope you will join in!
A few of the themes we will explore include following breadcrumbs to the stories that are waiting to be told within us, dipping our toes into the dichotomy of light and dark & shadows and colors, and diving into accessible writing prompts that will push us past the fear of the blank page and into the world of poetry.
Note: You don't have to take Poem It Out (my first poetry ecourse) to take (More) Poem It Out. This course is open to everyone.
(More) Poem It Out
Fall Dates: October 15 - November 16, 2012
Registration has begun! Read on for registration information.
Where & How: The five-week course is hosted on a private blog and private Flickr group.
New lessons are presented during the first four weeks, and the fifth week is a "Breathing Space" week that gives the community formed during the course an opportunity to continue to share the poems they are writing and other good things as the class winds down. New posts are shared every weekday (Monday through Friday) during all five weeks. Lessons are also sent by email so participants have access to the material after the course ends.
Although the material is presented over five weeks, participants are encouraged to work at their own pace, and the course will stay up for an additional two months after it ends. The Flickr group is available indefinitely for continued connection after the course ends.
Lessons: Juicy poetry goodness will be posted five times a week, usually in video lessons, and will include topics like:
- Writing and poetry prompts
- Tools to use when you face the blank page
- Poetry creative adventure assignments
- Photography prompts to connect you with the world around you (and with yourself)
- Stories about my own poetry adventures
- Stories about why I poem and how it helps me sift through the beauty and the rawness of life
- Inspiration posts that will introduce you to poets, poems, and other good things
- Interviews with poets and poetry lovers
- Journal/notebook and favorite pen/pencil
- A camera (any camera is fine, including a camera phone)
- A Flickr membership (only needed if you want to share your photos)
Registration has begun! To participate in (More) Poem It Out this month, click the PayPal "Pay Now" button below.
Your confirmation email from PayPal confirms your spot in the class.
A few days before we begin, I will send classroom information so you know where to go on the first day of class.
Note that I will use your PayPal email address to communicate with you. If you prefer that I use another email address, let me know when you register or via an email to liz [dot] lamoreux @ gmail [dot] com (or click here to email through this website).
To read testimonials and the Poem It Out FAQ head over here.