As more than 350 people get ready to jump into their Inner Excavation dig sites next Monday, I wanted to share what I'm bringing with me for this round of the Inner Excavate-along.
This is similar to the group of items I brought with me the last time around, but there are a few new fun additions. I decided to put them all in one of my blessings baskets so that I can easily grab them for an afternoon at the park or the backyard. I'm notorious for piling things on top of things, so these baskets are a huge help to keep projects that I work on outside the studio all on one place.
Here's an upclose look at the supplies.
And here are the details:
- I'm using the same journal I used previously. It's a Picadilly sketchbook, and it has a lot of pages and is only about 25% full right now. And I just spotted this same one at a crazy clearance price at Barnes and Noble! (You can check if they have it at your local store too.) Here's a similar journal at Amazon.
- And yes, I covered that whole journal cover with washi tape and then covered the ends on the inside with a large piece of scrapbook paper. I heart washi tape. So I'm bringing some more along with me. My current favorites are this set from MT and this chevron stripey set my One Move Retreat gals will recognize.
- If I feel moved to stamp any words (like chapter titles or simple prompts), I'm going to use these lowercase stamps.
- Of course my current favorite Staedtler pens are coming along.
- I've gathered up a few coin envelopes, manila tags, and other little envelopes and scrapbook papers (and I might dive into my stash as needed).
- Because I've been really into watercolor washes and writing with watercolors, I'm tucking in watercolors (similar to these; mine our originally from Target but they don't seem to carry them) and these brushes.
- I have a few photos I've been putting aside that I might want to use, but I'll also take some new ones. The square photos are from Sticky9, which is my current favorite source for square photos that are the size I like for journaling. You can easily choose your Instagram photos and place a quick order. They also print fun square magnets from your IG photos. (Use code FRIEND10W9P for 15% off your first order!)
- I plan to use my iPhone for all the photos I'll take (though that might change). I'm going to use my Instax Share printer to easily print some of my photos. I am in love with this printer for many reasons, including that it uses the same "film" as the regular Instax mini instant camera uses (and I have a lot of it) and it is easily portable so I can print anywhere, including the park or a coffee shop. I might also use my new Canon Selphy. Both connect wirelessly to my phone, which is so darn awesome. I'll be writing an article about these printers (and a few others) soon, but here's what I'd say: If you don't currently have a printer that connects to your phone and you want one, the Selphy is awesome because it prints 4x6 plus it easily prints IG photos square (you just have to trim off the ends). The Instax is super fun! But the Selphy is great for every day. (Oh and my phone case is totally a Reading Rainbow aka Brainbow that you can find here.)
- I'm putting all the photos, tape, and other small things in my favorite Blue Q kitty pouch for ease.
Here's what I want you to remember though: The best Inner Excavation supplies are the ones that bring you joy and the ones you have on hand. So bring the supplies that make you happy!
Feel free to ask any questions in the comments and I'll answer them there.
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission or credit if you purchase through the links.
Come along and join the Inner Excavate-along! It's the read-along meets create-along of my book Inner Excavation. We start July 6, but you can join in any time after that as registration will be ongoing. You can read all about it right here.