The idea for this ecourse grabbed hold of me last week and wouldn't let go. I am so delighted to be sharing it with you today!
Poetry is a lifeline for me.
I think it could be one for you, too.
And I want to spend four weeks with you showing you why.
In this online course, we will explore the world of poetry from a place of wonder. We will look for poems that invite us to nod our heads and say, “Me too…me too.” We will face the blank page and say, “Bring it” and write the words that are ready to burst out of us. We will stop everything to Poem It Out.
Dates: April 2 – April 27
Where: The course will be hosted on a private blog and private Flickr group. Although the material will be presented over four weeks, participants are encouraged to work at their pace, and the course will stay up on the blog until May 31 to help facilitate this. The Flickr group will be available indefinitely for continued connection after the course ends.
Lessons: Juicy poetry goodness will be posted four times a week and will include topics like:
- Writing and poetry prompts
- Creating a word toolbox to be a companion when you face the blank page
- Poetry creative adventure assignments
- Stories about my own poetry adventures
- Inspiration posts that will introduce you to poets, poems, and other good things
- Interviews with poets and poetry lovers
- Journal/notebook and favorite pen/pencil
- A camera (any camera is fine, including a camera phone)
- A Flickr membership (only needed if you want to share your photos)
Updated: Registration for this session of Poem It Out is now closed. To learn more about current and upcoming sessions, head over here.