A few good things that have been part of my daily uniform over here:
1. I've been wanting something like this Caslon top from Nordstrom all winter. I'm layering it with a long-sleeve t-shirt underneath. It hits me a little lower on my hips, and it runs big. I bought a large.
2. For the last few years, I've been wearing one version or another of these long-sleeve tees from Target. They wash well and are perfect for layering.
3. I've been wearing these Uggs for the last three winters. I work from home and wear them almost daily. No they aren't the most feminine shoes around, but I love them. They are super warm and have a surprising amount of support for my foot. And the lining is starting to wear out just a bit. So I decided to get these (pictured above). And my winter toes are now very happy as I hammer in the studio.
4. This Lands End vest is awesome. I have it in this green color, which reminds me of Spring, and as the rain rain rain comes down down down over here that is always a good thing. It is on sale for more than 50% off right now (only $19.99). Love how flattering the cut is. I'm actually temtped to get one in another color, but I'm pushing myself to be honest that I just need one puffer vest.
5. The Prairie Hoodie from Prairie Underground. After loving my friend Vivienne's Prairie Underground hoodies for years, I got one for Christmas this year. I love it. It is like a sweatshirt coat you can dress up or down. And it isn't so thick that you can't wear it as a sweater layer, but it also is substantial enough to be able to wear as a coat part of the year (especially here in the Pacific Northwest). If you have a Hot Mama store near you, they carry several styles. And their store is kind of awesome in that it was created with the idea that moms should be able to have fun shopping even with a baby or toddler in tow (i.e. plenty of room to push a stroller around plus take it in the dressing room with you plus they have toys and a play area). Note about sizing: I tend to be a 16 and am able to wear the L size in this style. Whenever I buy another one, I'm going to get an XL just to have a bit more room for layering underneath for a different look. (Shop Adorn in Portland carries several styles and sizes online here.) UPDATE: Looks like Hot Mama doesn't exist anymore. You can find this hoodie and similar styles at Adorn, one of my favorite stores in PDX.
(Not pictured) I keep meaning to write a post about these tanks. They aren't really shapewear but they do help smooth out that little adorable pooch right above my waist, which makes my t-shirts fit so much better. But they don't make you feel like you can't eat while you're wearing them. I have several colors because they are that awesome. And when you wear jeans, tuck them in so they stay put and keep you looking "smooth." If you want something a bit more like shapewear, try these. Also awesome.
Quick note: Some links are affiliates, which means I receive a small commission when you purchase from that online store.