Hello Beautiful Soul,
It’s here. My new website is really really here.
It’s been a labor of love for months now as the extraordinary Evan Leah Quinn has worked her magic, listened to me, and synthesized my ramblings into this new home.
And I love it!
For several years now, I’ve been talking about how on any given day we have permission to hold beauty in one hand and the grit life hands us in the other. And I've mixed in this image that we can build a bridge between the routine of daily life and the longings we have inside us. With my new site, I want to introduce you to phrase that encompasses all that this idea means to me: The And Space.
The And Space is where:
- You're sitting in front of the evening news and can’t believe what you’re seeing, and five minutes later a text arrives from your best friend saying she just got engaged.
- You're at the kitchen table surrounded by the joy of listening to your daughter tell you a story, and the grief of wishing your grandmother could have known her taps you on the shoulder.
- You're in the midst of a phone call that is about to change everything just as you notice the cherry tree is blooming in the front yard.
- Your to-do list is stacking up, and you stop just for a moment to wish you could just rest.
- You're in line at the grocery store exhausted from a long day at work, listening to the chatter around you, and you're smiling to yourself because you know when you get home you're turning up Johnny Cash and making your famous enchiladas.
The And Space is where most of us live.
And it is beautiful and overwhelming and amazing and messy.
What I want you to remember is: You aren’t in it alone. (I’m here with you.)
My hope is that this site will feel like a place for us to be in conversation:
- As we sift through the stories of where we’ve been and choose truth and love.
- As we name and claim the dreams of what the future might look like.
- As we make the choice to just set it all down and sit in the quiet for a little while.
I’m so glad you’re here. And I look forward to navigating The And Space together.
Big big love,
photo credit: Lauren Oliver Photography