I am so excited to share more details about the Inner Excavation read-along that will begin in just about two weeks on June 11! I decided to create a video answering some questions and explaining how the read-along will work. You can find most of this information over on the Inner Excavate-along page. In the video, I clarify what I mean by a read-along and share some journal ideas + the journal I will be using this summer.
A few notes from the video:
- Posts will be on Mondays and Thursdays (with additional guest posts some weeks). Monday will include a video from me with some thoughts about the chapter theme. This post will be an opportunity for you to ask questions and share observations and thoughts about the chapter etc. (This means you might want to consider reading or at least looking through that week's chapter prior to Monday.) I will also share the prompt I am going to work with that week. On Thursdays I will share my new response to the prompt I chose and you will be able to link up with your responses to that week's chapter. (Again, this info is explained in more detail over here.)
- In the video, I show examples of a few possible journal choices including the regular sized SMASH journals and the large purple one (as I mention in the video, I'm going to use the large purple Smash in a new online workshop that will be coming out later this summer/early fall) and these kraft Moleskines.
- The journal I'll be using is one I found at Barnes and Noble last year I think, and they have them online here. I am really feeling pulled to have a journal full of blank white pages, but you should use whatever you feel comfortable using/have on hand. I think I might just decorate the cover with some happy washi tape and a photo. And Jon's going to play along and use a watercolor journal.
- As I continue to gather supplies and use them in my prompt responses, I'll be sharing more about them in the posts throughout the read-along. In the video I share a glimpse at the envelopes + tags + a few of the other fun things I'll be using.
- Be sure to join the Inner Excavation Flickr group. Consider sharing a photo of yourself in the group pool to introduce yourself as we gather.
- And if you are playing along this summer, please feel free to grab the button above to use on your site and in your posts.
Please feel free to ask any questions in the comments today! I deeply appreciate you coming along this summer (or winter if that is the season your find yourself entering). I am so excited!