Tell It: Color
Tell It: Color is your invitation to create space for creative play as you explore the stories waiting in the colors around and inside you.
Come along for 14 days of diving into the world of colors through prompts and inspiration to help you tell your stories.
This is going to be a light, easygoing course to help you dive into your creativity and create some space for play and connection.
Here's how it works: You pick the medium - collage, art journaling, writing, photography, poeming, painting, cooking, even the clothes you wear, whatever you feel called to play with right now. I provide the creative prompts, the story prompts, encouragement, and inspiration. And then we’ll meet in a private Facebook group to share our stories and creations each day.
I'll also share peeks inside my Tell It: Color journal + a few other colorful practices I use and how creative play + mindfulness help me each and every day.
AND if you just want to join in without choosing a medium, there will be plenty of creative ideas in each day's email for you to use for your daily creative act. OR if you're really longing to play with some art supplies but don't know where to begin, pick up some watercolors and an inexpensive watercolor paper pad and come along!
Dates: Ongoing, so you can sign up now and emails will begin within one business day.
Register here or read on for more details.
Tell It Color Includes:
Daily emails: During our 14 days, you'll receive a daily email from me in your inbox. There will be ideas about capturing color through our chosen medium, and ideas about reflecting and writing the stories that rest in those colors. Every day will be about connection and how we can create space for inspiration and curiosity in our daily lives
Facebook group: An optional private Facebook group that gives you a space to connect with like-minded souls as you share your Color stories.
We’ll also connect on Instagram via a hashtag, which is a fun and easy way to share and meet others in the course.
And remember: You choose the medium your want to play with during our 14-day adventure (or just come along and practice one of the creative ideas I'll be sharing each day).
Here are some ideas:
- Play with paint or markers or crayons and a big journal of blank paper.
- Play with collage using images cut from magazines and other sources.
- Go on photo walks (or dip into your photo archives) using the color prompt as inspiration.
- Gather different items from your home into a collection and photograph them.
- Write a poem.
- Cook and/or eat using the color prompts as a creative place to begin.
- Gather your favorite scrapbooking supplies and tell your color stories through the supplies (and even photos) you already have.
- Take a self-portrait that tells the color story you’re drawn to share inspired by the day’s prompt.
And here's another idea for you:
Let color itself be your creative medium! Each day, use the prompt to inspire you to do something creative with color. You might decide to:
- Bake a cake and decorate it with the color(s) from the prompt.
- Gather up a collection of items that are all one color and photograph them.
- Paint with watercolor one day.
- Make a meal that celebrates the color(s).
- Gather up crayons in shades of a certain color and play in a coloring book before bed.
- Choose your daily outfit based on the prompt.
- Make a list of everything you can think of in that color.
- Write down a memory that connects to that color.
- Buy flowers and create different mandalas each day.
The most important piece is that you're creating space for creative play and self-care in your daily life. Yes. Yes. Yes!
To register, just click the button below, which will take you to the shop on my site. You'll be able to add the course to your cart and share the email where you'd like to receive the course content. After you register, you'll receive your first email within one business day.
You just need whatever supplies you want to play with and an internet connection. You'll also want a notebook and favorite pen so you can respond to the writing prompts you'll be given some of the days.
Note: I'll be using collage (and a little art journaling) as one of my mediums and will be sharing some peeks into my own collage process throughout the class, but you should choose the medium calling to you during this season. This isn't a collage course (you can find my collage course here), so don't worry if you're drawn to play with other art supplies or write or even cook your way through the colors in this course. However, if you're drawn to work in the same medium you've seen me share on Instagram, gather up some simple supplies like magazines, a few glue sticks, watercolors, and a blank journal (here's a quick peek at my favorite collage supplies).
If you have any questions about the course or how to register, just send me an email.