While driving home from the Oregon Coast, Kelly and I decided to bring back the Studio Sessions!!
Join us this August for a four-week adventure that will be full of inspiration, connection, peeks into our friendship and our creative worlds, laughter, and a whole lot of love as we support one another in nurturing a creative practice.
Now what does nurturing a creative practice really mean?
Many of us dream of having a week or two or even a whole month where we could travel to a beautiful corner of the world and spend that time creating a new body of work or writing a memoir or actually using the mixed media techniques we’ve learned in the workshops we’ve taken. And then, we’d love to circle in community with other creatives who would say, “How are you doing over there? How did it go?”
This is what the Chickadee Road :: Studio Sessions are about: Creating a virtual space where we can support one another as we take a few minutes or even an hour or two a day to practice and make small moves and big leaps toward the creative dreams that wait within us.
The creative practice you work with will be up to you.
You might want to:
- Journal each day
- Begin a meditation practice
- Tell your story through photography adventures
- Paint, paint, and paint some more
- Draw in your sketchbook four times a week
- Make one small self-care move every day
- Start a blog
- Create an ecourse
- Play with self-portraits
- Have fun with color in your studio/creative corner every day
And each day, Kelly and I will be here to guide you, celebrate you, and inspire you, and your circle of kindreds will be here to catch you as you play and work and find your way.
Dates: August 5-August 31
Where and How: The "lessons" + inspiration will be emailed to you, and we will gather in community in a private Facebook group and in a private Flickr group.
Four weeks of emails include:
- Videos that take you into our own creative spaces and invite you to be present to self-care and fun
- Lessons about ways to invite in ritual and sacredness to your daily creative practice
- Creativity exercises to support your practice and keep your creative juices flowing
- Writing and photography prompts to keep you grounded
- Stories of our own journeys to reconnect with our creative joy
- Opportunities to share your stories through photos, daily check-ins, and other surprises along the way
- When you sign up, you will also receive an email with information about how to prepare for Studio Sessions, suggestions about how to choose your practice, and other good things
- Note that there won't be emails on Sundays to give you a day to simply catch-up and rest
Camera (Camera phone is fine)
Journal or notebook to write in
Simple art supplies that you enjoy working with like markers, colored pencils, crayons, and so on
A Flickr account (optional)
A Facebook account (optional)
Registration has begun!
Questions? Just email us at chickadeeroad @ gmail [dot] com (or through our email form)
Read even more about the course including our FAQ over here.