Kelly Barton and I have gathered up all that we love from the more than 10 retreats we've taught at together and created Fill It Up Buttercup. The retreat version of this adventure will take place September 17-21 at Frog Creek Lodge near the shores of Puget Sound outside Seattle.
This retreat is your invitation to dive into the blank white pages of a journal and fill them with words, watercolors, ink, dreams, lists of good things, photographs, and love letters.
As we gather in the Pacific Northwest woods, we will:
- Circle and paint and daydream and sketch.
- Sit under shady trees and spin stories.
- Poem it out on vintage typewriters.
- Look for clues and get curious about what we're drawn to and why.
- Brainstorm ways to stay connected to our creative selves.
- Push through the fear of the blank white page.
- Discover our "go-to" creative moves.
- Go on photography adventures and treasure hunts.
- Walk along the shores of Puget Sound and find talismans and treasures.
- Gather up all of this goodness and more into one gorgeous journal.
And there will be food + laughter + good music + light + love surrounding all of it.