The Inner Excavate-along was a free read-along on my blog in the summer of 2012. All the posts are here on the blog, but I'm not directing a group through it with newsletters etc. at this time. I hope you enjoy following along! Find out more about my book, Inner Excavation: Explore Your Self Through Photography, Poetry and Mixed Media, here.
Come along this summer for a seven-week adventure into the pages of my book Inner Excavation: Explore Your Self Through Photography, Poetry, and Mixed Media. This (totally free) read-along will take place on my blog two (to three) days a week as we work through the book together.
How it will work:
- The read-along began June 11 and runs for seven weeks. Each week will focus on one chapter in Inner Excavation. (You can read all Inner Excavate-along related posts here.)
- At the beginning of the week, I will share a post that includes a video with some new thoughts on the chapter theme. I will also share the prompt that I’ll be working with that week, and you can play along with that prompt or choose another (or do your own thing inspired by the chapter theme). This post will be a chance for you to ask questions and share your experiences of reading the chapter and so on. I will answer any questions in the comments of this post (so please ask them there).
- On Thursdays, I will share my new response to a prompt in that chapter, and you can link up with your own responses in the comments.
- We will also have a Flickr group where we can share photos of our responses to the prompts in Inner Excavation. (Sign up for the Flickr group over here.)
- Throughout the seven weeks, there will be some guest posts and a few other good things inspired by the book. (I will be sharing other “usual” posts on my blog throughout the summer.)
- Scroll down to the "sign up" section below if you would like to receive emails letting you know when new posts appear.
Please note: This is a read-along, and just like in the book, there will not be any step-by-step or techniques shared. Rather, we will be reading the book together in community and working with the prompts that move us. I can't wait to dive into the book with you!
Supplies needed to participate:
- A copy of my book Inner Excavation: Explore Your Self Through Photography, Poetry, and Mixed Media (you can find it on Amazon, at your library, or get a signed copy here in my Etsy shop).
- A camera if you plan to participate in any photography prompts (any camera will work).
- A place to catch your writing: You can do any writing on your computer, BUT I really recommend choosing a journal to use just for this experience. Soon I’ll be posting about the journal I am using that will house my responses to the prompts (both writing + photography + mixed media).
- Simple art supplies if you want to create any mixed media projects. Supplies to consider: a few tubes of acrylic craft paint + brushes, watercolor paper, colored pencils, rubber stamps you love + ink, and so on. You probably have many of these things on hand.
I've received a few questions, so to clarify:
The read-along is FREE!
Please join the Flickr group so you can share your photos + projects and take part in the connection that will happen over there.
This read-along will give you a taste of what my ecourses are like, but it will be on my "regular" blog and not in a specific classroom.